Looking for a quick and easy way to feed the family this summer? We’ve got this fantastic recipe from the team at Paisley Park to share with you. The best part is, it’s packed with vegetables!
Paisley Park collaborated with celebrity chef Miguel Maestre to make the seasonal menus for their child care centres. This recipe is just one of many that the children at Paisley Park centres enjoy on a daily basis. You can also check out the delicious recipe for Miguel’s lamb and spinach gozleme here.
“I’m very excited to be working with the Paisley Park team to empower pre-school children, their parents and carers with the inspiration, information and professional learning to make positive food choices from an early age, whilst having fun along the way”
– Miguel Maestre
You could switch up the protein for this meal, by using chicken, beef strips or even prawns in place of the fish. Feel free to leave out the chilli if your little ones prefer a milder flavour.
- 1/4 red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1/2 iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely sliced or grated
- 1 garlic clove, finely sliced
- 2 avocados, de-seeded
- 2 limes, quartered
- 2 tbsp Cajun spice
- 200g fresh fish fillet, such as barramundi
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 corn cobs
- 1 green chilli, deseeded, finely sliced
- 1/2 bunch chives, sliced
- 3 vine tomatoes, diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 soft round tortillas, warmed
- Make a slaw by mixing the cabbage, lettuce, carrot and garlic together in a mixing bowl.
- Mash the avocado flesh in a small bowl with a little of the lime juice.
- Cut the fish into bite size pieces. Place the Cajun spice on a plate, then place the fish on top and turn to coat the pieces with the spice.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat and cook the fish for 2-3 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Prepare a salsa by cutting the corn kernels from the cob and place them in the hot pan with the chilli, chives and tomatoes. Cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring often, until tomatoes just start to break down. Season to taste.
- Place even amounts of the avocado on the warm tortillas, then add the salsa, fish and slaw. Serve with a wedge of lime.
Did you know that when you search for child care on Toddle, you can check out the centre’s menu and other nutritional information? See photos, read reviews, even book a tour. Just enter your postcode in the search bar at the top of the page.
See more on the corkboard
Beach Kinder takes children out of the classroom and onto the sand
Grab your buckets and spades kids!