When the weather is cool, it’s nice to tuck into a delicious hot family meal. This recipe comes from the chef at Greenwood Gladesville, who knows a thing or two about cooking for children.
Why not get your children to help you roll the meatballs and place them in the dish? This is a great recipe to cook a double batch and freeze half to enjoy another night.
Packed with vegetables and tummy-filling rice, these meatballs are sure to be a hit with the whole family.
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 zucchini, grated and squeezed to remove liquid
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 500ml condensed tomato soup, salt reduced
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 500ml water
- 150g white medium grain rice, uncooked
- Olive oil spray
- Steamed vegetables, to serve
- Spray an ovenproof dish with olive oil spray and preheat the oven to 180C.
- In a large mixing bowl, place the mince, half of the onion, zucchini, carrot, egg, garlic, and rice together. Mix well with a wooden spoon, and then use wet hands to roll the mixture into approximately 10 meatballs. Place into the prepared dish.
- In another bowl or jug, mix the tomato soup, Worcestershire sauce, water and the rest of the onion. Mix well and then pour over the meatballs to cover.
- Cover and bake for 40 minutes or until the rice is tender and the meatballs are cooked through.
- Serve with steamed vegetables of your choice.
See more on the corkboard
Working with Children Checks for Child Care
Child care workers must be cleared before they can launch into looking after kids, and every state and territory has its own laws in place.
Spelling for Kids - Teaching Kids to Spell
At home, you can create a spelling bee buzz with fun activities and ready-made resources, so let’s take a quick lesson in spelling for kids.