When the weather is cool, it’s nice to tuck into a delicious hot family meal. This recipe comes from the chef at Greenwood Gladesville, who knows a thing or two about cooking for children.
Why not get your children to help you roll the meatballs and place them in the dish? This is a great recipe to cook a double batch and freeze half to enjoy another night.
Packed with vegetables and tummy-filling rice, these meatballs are sure to be a hit with the whole family.
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 zucchini, grated and squeezed to remove liquid
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 500ml condensed tomato soup, salt reduced
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 500ml water
- 150g white medium grain rice, uncooked
- Olive oil spray
- Steamed vegetables, to serve
- Spray an ovenproof dish with olive oil spray and preheat the oven to 180C.
- In a large mixing bowl, place the mince, half of the onion, zucchini, carrot, egg, garlic, and rice together. Mix well with a wooden spoon, and then use wet hands to roll the mixture into approximately 10 meatballs. Place into the prepared dish.
- In another bowl or jug, mix the tomato soup, Worcestershire sauce, water and the rest of the onion. Mix well and then pour over the meatballs to cover.
- Cover and bake for 40 minutes or until the rice is tender and the meatballs are cooked through.
- Serve with steamed vegetables of your choice.
See more on the corkboard
Things to do in Brisbane with Kids
There’s never a dull day in the Sunshine State, and Queensland’s capital city is full of bright ideas for families.