About Murilla Family Day Care
The Murilla Community Centre was established in 1992 with the goal to ensure all members of our community, being rural or remote, had access to information and assistance.
Current Centre Manager Cecily Brockhurst was employed in 1992 on a part time basis and has created a one stop shop for community members to access information and assistance in a time of need.
To this day the Murilla Community Centre is still growing and initiating new ways to support and develop the expanding community.
Developing and supporting the Community through awareness and response to social and human issues identified in Miles and surrounding districts.
- Be respectful of clients and staff
- Accepting of differences
- Value the community
- Equality on all levels
- Take time to build trust
- Support for co-workers and staff
- Foster the sharing of ideas
- Develop and support the initiatives of the community.
- Strive to operate effectively to provide quality and inclusive service to the community.
- Facilitate a process which fosters a strengthening of partnerships within the community
- Promote the positive aspects of the Murilla Community Centre through awareness of and access to services
- Support development of the strategies which respond to the needs of the community
- Ensure that the community is better informed and educated to enable them to have increased personal development and be empowered to make informed decisions
- Identify and access appropriate resources for the delivery of programs
- Provide a secure and caring working environment for all staff and volunteers