Included in fees
Excursions / Incursions
About Wendy's Nursery School & Early Learning Centre
Wendy's Nursery School's philosophy, together with families, is shaped by their dream of a better world. Where nature and people exist in harmony, diversity is celebrated, and a collective social responsibility is valued by all.
As educators of young children, the centre's role is to guide them to understanding the behaviours needed for a better world, to model these behaviours and to support them to develop empathy, care and respect, towards people, place and things.
In doing so, the centre provides inclusive and nurturing play environments, which are critically reflected upon, for the intellectual, physical, social, emotional and spiritual growth of children.
Within the inclusive and nurturing play environments the centre -
* Is inspired by the Reggio Emilia approach to learning and build on children’s capabilities by supporting their play in order to explore, create and discover.
* Considers the whole child within the context of family and community, and foster the skills and dispositions needed to navigate through life’s journey.
* Sees and celebrates each child’s unique strengths, and build upon these whilst providing opportunity for developing new dispositions for learning.
* Empowers children’s choices, to be part of shared decision making within secure boundaries.
* Supports the individual child within the group, placing importance on building their communications and interactions to work effectively in school communities and ultimately in society.
* Works in partnership with families, and develops trusting relationships to allow for shared understanding and common hopes and dreams for their child.
* Recognises Australia’s Indigenous people and the multicultural society in which we live, celebrating the richness of cultural diversity in our country.
* Agrees to act with trust, open communication, attentive listening and mutual respect, to nurture and support each other’s wellbeing.
"With open hearts and minds, we educate in the collaborative pursuit of knowledge, in order to enhance and sustain our world, now and in the future."
Availability & Fees
Location of Wendy's Nursery School & Early Learning Centre
Rose Park suburb information
Average cost per day
National quality standard
Centres near Wendy's Nursery School & Early Learning Centre
There are 2 centres nearby that Toddle recommends, with The Learning Sanctuary Norwood being our top recommendation.